Monday, July 1, 2013

TRIPLE THREAT----

My other two injections start today along with Lupron and Ben starts his antibiotic. Nothing like scheduling in an extra half hour into your morning to shoot up.



1. LUPRON- continues until my egg retrieval but my dose is halved. I started at 10 units and now I take 5. 

2. GONAL F PEN- these are highly purified FSH and LH. They are also subcutaneous injections in the lower abdomen. This one stimulates the growth and maturation of the eggs.
SIDE EFFECTS: Ovarian discomfort, abdominal bloating, ovarian cysts and multiple pregnancies in 10-50% of women... OH YES!


3. REPRONEX- contains follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone also injected subcutaneously. You have to fill the syringe with a large needle first and then inject with the smaller one. I was prescribed 

As I was filling the syringe this morning Ben saw the larger needle and had to leave for work rather quickly. This is the man that has to give me my hcg injections every day with that larger needle for TEN WEEKS! Pray for him!! This injection definitely burns the most. You take liquid out of one vile and inject it into powder in another. After it dissolves you pull all of it back into the syringe and inject it. My tummy has a rash around this injection site.

SIDE EFFECTS: Headaches, stomach pain, bruising, pain and redness at injection site.


4. Ben started DOXYCYCLINE--we will both take this antibiotic. It is prescribed to men to reduce the low levels of bacteria found in semen because the bacteria may compromise the performance of the sperm. It is given to the female partner to reduce the risk of a pelvic or ovarian infection following the retrieval of the eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment