Friday, June 21, 2013

Birth Control + Lupron + Laurie = DISASTER!


HOLY MOLY--- birth control with the addition of Lupron shots its ten BILLION TIMES WORSE!!

My sister and I were raised like boys. We have four brothers and there was no patience for emotional females. If you fall down you dust yourself off, often with a few stitches in my case and try again. There is currently no dusting going on. There is hot & cold sweats, anger, high-highs, low-lows and lots of Kleenex. I feel like any one else but myself in every way. I have one more day of this combo and then I get to stop taking my birth control.... YaY!!! I'm dropping birth control to start two more subcutaneous (tummy) shots next week. I can take pain better than this emotional craziness. I hope my irrational state subsides. 




























Today, Ben came home from work and I was standing in front of the stove-- not just crying but sobbing. He came in, held me in his arms and asked:

"What is wrong babe?" 

"Nothing's wrong," I answered. 
"Well, why are you crying then babe?" Ben asked.
"I don't really know." I replied.
"Did you have a bad day at work?" Ben asked.
"No, I had a great day!" I replied.
"Are you hurting?" he asked.
"No." I said. 
"Okay" he replied. 

Without asking any more questions, he continued to console the tears and ridiculous behavior.


Have you ever prayed to just be yourself? As I have reflected on past prayer it seems as though I have asked for something more, to be improved. Never in my life have I wanted to just be me, flaws and all! Today I am thankful for Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment