Monday, July 8, 2013

Battered and Bruised....
























It's time! I don't know how couples do this over and over again. It was a real quest for my injection destinations this morning. I couldn't find a place on my tummy that wasn't black and blue. If it looked like the right place the tissue below was so sore and bruised to the touch. My life revolves around shots. I can't imagine life without a table full of medicine and filling multiple sharps containers. I'm bloated as ever. I feel like I have poo cramps all the time except you don't have to go... thanks to the size of my ovaries pushing on all of my other organs. If feeling like you always have to poo isn't enough you get to already look three months pregnant without a baby bakin' ---- OH THE JOYS!!!

Today my ultrasound looked great. WHAT A RELIEF!! Doc said we may trigger tonight based on my estrogen levels coming back from my blood tests. About 36 hours before your egg retrieval your significant other gets to take out some well deserved frustration with a LARGE NEEDLED muscular hcg shot in your hip that causes ovulation. 

I got a call later this afternoon saying we would wait and Dr. H wanted to do another ultrasound/blood test in the morning. Wednesday retrieval is out. Hoping for Thursday now!!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! I am so happy you are finally sharing this journey in detail for all of us that don't have a clue. You are going to be THE BEST MAMA EVER! Thank you for sharing the intimate details of your life. Love you Laur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HOW I HATED THE SHOTS!!!! I feel for you. I'm so sorry. Once this is all over you won't remember and do this again just like all of us crazies! It is worth every poke and praud! PROMISE!! I can't wait to find out you are preggy in ONLY A COUPLE WEEKS. BEST OF LUCK!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete