Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Grand Finale of the Stirrup Queen.....

Tuesday was an incredible day. It was the best I have felt in months. I didn't look 4 months pregnant already and my tummy didn't hurt.

We got to the University and taken back to the transfer room. I was calm and so excited our day was FINALLY HERE!! I got instructions to disrobe and then as the nurse was leaving the room, she said; "Dr. J will be in here in just a few minutes." My heart dropped! All of the doctors rotate IVF cycles every 4 weeks and as of Monday another doc was on rotation. We were informed about this when we determined our start date but our nurse made several notes in my chart confirming we would still have Dr. H do our transfer. After our horrible past I wanted and needed consistency. I decided it wasn't worth getting worked up about on such an important day. The nurse talked to me about the doctor ensuring how incredible she was and then left the room.

I got ready and a few minutes later she came in to say Dr. H was on his way to the hospital and he would be there in 15 minutes. OH YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!! He was teaching a lecture to all the med students at the University and left in the middle to do my transfer. I HAVE THE MOST INCREDIBLE DOC EV!!!! The calm consistency Dr. H brings is incredible. He has a quiet confidence and incredible bed side manner that gives me so much peace and reassurance.

Dr. H came in and reviewed the results of our embryos. He couldn't believe our outcome. We got pictures of the two best that would be transferred. He was thrilled about our results saying they looked like text book blastocysts and the best he had seen this cycle. That made us feel even more confident that God is watching out for us. All 17 eggs took ICSI. We confirmed and signed docs for the transfer of two embryos. Out of the other 15, five were ready to be frozen and the other 9 will continue to grow one more day hoping to achieve the blastocyst stage.

A few minutes later I was given a high dose of Valium to relax and HERE WE GO......





































The two week wait has officially started. I am determined to be happy and calm. We got home and I crashed. I don't know if it was the Valium or just the relief of it going so smooth. I have two more days of bed rest and then back to reality. I am so ready to go back to work and working out. This bed rest jazz is not meant for me BUT I WILL DO ANYTHING!! DOCTORS ORDERS!

I go in for my blood test on the 28th......I have to do a 10 unit Lupron shot tomorrow in my tummy (not looking forward to going back to that) and then we will continue to do progesterone shots every morning until the test.

Praying for a miracle! I hope with all of my heart this works.

2 comments:

  1. Laur!
    I'm so happy for you! No one deserves it more. You will be the best parents. Please keep us updated. I will be counting down the days along with you. Best of luck! You will be in our prayers.

    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister!

    I totally just stalked your blog. You are so strong, beautiful and an inspiration! You are super brave to share your story and your experiences. I'm sure you will inspire and help MANY!

    I love, LOVE you!! You are in my prayers ALWAYS!!

    Love, Bri

    ReplyDelete