Sunday, September 22, 2013

LuPrOn InJeCtIOnS BEGIN....

Injections start today and to be rather honest I'm happy! It's time to get the show on the road. Once you get your IVF calendar it seem like every day is forev! I start 10 units of Lupron, is a synthetic man made hormone commonly used to treat anemia from fibroid tumors, prostate cancer and reduce pain due to endometriosis. In this scenario its going to decrease the amount of estrogen I make until the doc is ready for me to ovulate. The injection wasn't too bad today. Lupron definitely beats the Repronex injections of the last cycle. There is no comparison! I LOVE THIS FROZEN CYCLE JAZZ!! Well, as much as you can possibly love stabbing yourself with a needle every morning.


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to of found your blog Laurie. Call me a stalker! I have read through all of your posts since you started round one and how come knowing some one else is doing it too makes you feel better??? We are starting our third round of IVF in a week. I am nervous but excited. It is weird how some tiny hope inside takes over the fear to try again. You are honest and I appreciate that. Some times reading what you really want to say makes you realize we are all fighting the battle of infertility together and IT IS OKAY TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST. I will keep you up to date on our success and would love you to visit our blog. I hope this round is successful for you and your husband.
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete