Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stick it to em!

 My sister is in nursing school, with that comes PHLEBOTOMY! I wasn't too fond of needles until I started doing the donations with our ward for Red Cross (out of guilt). I think The Lord wanted to teach me patience and strength giving me the worst experience of my life the first time I donated. I had a rookie that missed four times before hitting. I don't think getting stuck and bruising in all four places was ideal but from that point on I've learned to take it like a woMAN.
With that said; my sister asked me to come to class so she could practice. She was very manipulative when she asked by saying; "Laur, what are you and Ben doing Thursday night?" She is our most FAV and consistent company for sushi so she knew she had me fooled asking that question. I should have known with my parents being in Hawaii but the rest is history! SHE ROCKED IT! She didn't miss once and she poked me 10... YES TEN... times! Not only that she said I would probably bruise on my hands and I didn't bruise one bit! Lou-- YOU CAN BE MY NURSE ANY DAY! I never thought I would love you enough to be your pin cushion! BUT I absolutely DO!


OH AND Thanks for making up your manipulation tactics by accompanying us to sush! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment