Monday, February 14, 2011

Need vs. Want--

There is nothing quite like waking up to a soaking wet cabinet and kitchen floor! We (of course I mean Ben) has fixed it a few times with some new teflon but this time He was ready to stop with the band aids and amputate!! The funniest thing is what I heard in a soft sincere voice from the kitchen--- "Babe, would you like a new goose neck faucet for Valentines?" Ha Ha HAAAAA! What else would a girl want for Valentines Day-- right?! I mean the beautiful-- long stem-- red roses and card is completely over-rated! Right? I think not but off we went to Home Depot-- (Ben's Toy Store) to pick out a new faucet! I'm not going to lie this is one prized procession compared to the stubby jewel that came with our house. Not to mention it has to win the most random Valentines gift of the century! Thank goodness I married the right Mr. FIX-IT man of my dreams! After holding the flash light and watching my man go to work,  it was beautimous! AND after all-- I was blessed with both a need (Moen faucet) and a want (husb, card and flowers) for Love Day! Thank you Benj!

4 comments:

  1. You DEFINATELY did marry Mr. Fix Any thing! You are one lucky girl. But then again Ben is one lucky guy. Hope you guys are doing great! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do get 1st place on "Most Random V-day Gift" but I may come in with a tie by receiving an emergency tool set for my car. REALLY?!!! Oh and without the card and flowers. Have Ben give that to you next year and see how romantic your night gets. haha! This is why we are 5 years married and going strong! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laur! I love the new faucet! I bet it looks great in the kitch! Can't wait to take a looksee when I see you! Ben is amazing!!! Love your face!!!
    XoXo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me lady...you started a new blog and didn't tell me?! I'm hurt! Love the new faucet!

    ReplyDelete