Monday, November 4, 2013

DrUm RoLL..........

That's right.... it is ten days later and time for my pregnancy test! A rock that weighs 200 lbs sits deep in my tummy because we have been here before.

I went in this morning at 8 o'clock to get my blood drawn. Last time I heard the results about eleven so I was expecting the same average time for my results but NO--------- IT WAS 2 PM----------- before I was about to DIE when I received the call.

The poor nurse on the phone had to listen to me ball like a baby. I was at work, scheduling one of my clients for her next brow wax appointment at the front desk when I was so happily interrupted with the call. After the nurse said; "Congratulations Laurie, You're pregnant" the damn of the holy River of Jordan was released. It turned into a scene with all the stylists and Linda doing miming and sign language to me to know if it was the doc and what the results were. The salon has become my second family through this dreadful process of ups and downs. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE THEM!!! I gave thumbs up because they definitely wouldn't have known by my flow of emotions. 

HALLE FREAKIN LUJAH!!!! WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, back to the call..... After the nurse said; "congratulations Laurie, You're pregnant" She said; "ok, I want you to grab a paper and pen so you can write down everything I am going to say because you will remember one thing after we hang up and that is, you're pregnant. I need you to remember more." I laughed because it is true. Does anything else really matter?!

Apparently this does----
1. Make an appointment for your ultrasound screening at 6 weeks with Doctor H.
2. Call and order the rest of your progesterone vials and syringes from Redwood Pharmacy.
3. Your hcg level was at 1670. You need to come tomorrow morning for another blood test to make sure your levels double.

GOT IT!

I am honestly in pure amazement, astonishment, bewilderment, shock and last but not least AWE! Could this really be happening after three years of dreadful infertility??? Could the emotional and hormonal roller coaster of hell be over??? Have we really reached a place of success and content??

Dr. H called me about a half hour after I got the results to tell me congratulations. He was ecstatic over our results. He said my blood test results were over 1600, putting us in the multiple pregnancy range.

I can't believe it! Prayers really are answered and modern miracles do happen. I can't tell you how many times Ben and I felt purely alone, feeling like we were fervently praying and hoping for a miracle that was irrational and foolish. You realize after all the struggles you go through that you do come out stronger then ever before because some one was always there holding your hand other then your spouse.

We finally get to start our family! I have never been so grateful in my life for such a blessing.

Of course I was still in pure shock enough to go home and take a few home pregnancy tests just to make sure this was actually happening. Who knows how long that little expensive act will continue......




No comments:

Post a Comment