Monday, November 11, 2013

Blood scare---

I woke up this morning, got ready for work and headed into the salon on cloud nine just like any ordinary pregnant woman at the beginning of her baby journey. About ten I went into pee and realized I started spotting. As positive as I wanted to be this was the horror signs that haunted me the last three and a half years of our marriage. I wanted to think everything was fine but couldn't. This was the starting sign of every miscarriage I have had. I called Gail's cell phone in tears. The pour head nurse is retired now but it was only her that could calm my nerves at this point. AND-- call it inspired but that is exactly what she did. She said it could be the babes implanting deeper into the uterine wall and not to worry. Bleeding happens a lot in the first trimester of pregnancy. She wanted us to call Dr. H and go in for a ultrasound as soon as possible to confirm. I couldn't leave work until 1 since I was booked with clients but we headed in as soon as possible. Dr. H was supposed to be teaching medical students until 2 but he got done early today so we walked in with him. Talk about meant to be.

He got us right in for our ultrasound. With a big smile and his strong accent he said; "Laur there is absolutely nothing to worry about.... do you hear that? That is the healthy heart beat of two babies." Ben gave my hand a tight squeeze and a big smooooch! Of course tears of pure gratitude began to run down my cheeks. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE REALLY HAVING TWINS!!! I blame this all on Benj because from the very beginning when Dr. H explained the risks of multiples with in vitro Benny said; "twins would be great! That is what I call a two for one special"

Well a two for one is exactly what we got AND They will be great! I'm sure hard.... but GREAT! What could be more amazing then one baby.... but TWO!

The bleeding is coming from the weight of the sacs pulling on the uterine wall. Dr. H said as the babes get bigger they will put pressure against the wall which will stop the bleeding. For now, just as a precaution since I'm high risk and even more now that there is two--- I'm on bed rest other then work until I see my OB at 10 weeks. WHAT?! No more crossfit! :(

Anything is worth giving up to have these babes healthy until they arrive! Here is our first glimpse of baby A and baby B.... (the dark spot on each side of the babes is the tears in the uterine wall causing the bleeding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment