Thursday, October 17, 2013

Arizona Weekend BUST!

This weekend was a bust! Thursday was The END of LUPRON but the start of Progesterone injections... which are ten times worse. The needles are an inch and a half long and they have to go all the way into the muscle so none of the needle is showing! BOOOOOOOO!!!!! I have dreaded this day since the last progesterone injection I received so lovingly from Ben.

We flew to Arizona Thursday morning to check out the progress on Bens 1949 Merc that is being built in Scottsdale and most importantly RELAX before we do a transfer next week. I packed my box of progesterone, needles and estrace pills. Off we went to enjoy the weekend. Thursday night at 10 PM I got out the bottle of progesterone out of the box to fill the syringe and THE FREAKIN BOTTLE WAS EMPTY!!!!! I've never had more of a heart attack in my life. For some reason I had put my empty bottle from last cycle in the box to throw it away and it never met the garbage. I called the University after hours emergency in a panic and they had the doctor on call, Dr. Moore call me back. He said everything would be fine we would just have to post pone our transfer one day and go get progesterone in the morning from another infertility clinic.

Off we went an hour across town to get a bottle of progesterone oil from the only Walgreens in Scottsdale
that carried it. I've never been so happy to spend $38 on something I already had.
It isn't anything Sprinkles Cupcakes and Gramaldi's Pizza can't fix.





Ok..... I take that back! NOTHING takes the pain away of a progesterone injection! They are hands down the worst thing invented!

1 comment:

  1. OK LAUR! I know there is NO WAY this or your other posts were posted on the date listed because I have anxiously been awaiting your IVF experience round two. You are amazing and your strength gets me through our infertility challenges too. It is so nice knowing you aren't the only one going through this hellish process that seems like none short of ETERNITY. thanks for having the strength to share your humble heart for the rest of us that don't. Best of luck this round! I know you are already done so get to writing the rest or if they are already written.... time to post. I love you girl and of course Ben too. Thanks again.
    love always,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete